Homicide is the deliberate and unlawful killing of another person. Homicide can be either murder or manslaughter. If you are charged with a homicide crime of either murder or manslaughter, it is important to hire experienced trial attorneys with knowledge, skill and expertise. The attorney’s at the Duran Law Group, APLC have been zealously representing the rights clients for 30 years.
In California, there are two main degrees of murder:
- First-degree murder: willful, deliberate premeditated killing of another with aggravating circumstances.
- Second-degree murder: any intentional killing that is not deliberate and premeditated
There are three kinds of manslaughter:
- Voluntary manslaughter: Killing another human being because of a sudden quarrel or in the heat of passion
- Involuntary manslaughter: Killing another human being under circumstances involving a high risk of death or great bodily harm without due caution or circumspection.
- Vehicular manslaughter: Killing another person with a vehicle when the driver is negligent, grossly negligent and/or under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
Defenses to murder and manslaughter:
- Was the murder justified?
- Were you acting in self-defense or defense of other people?
- Was the killing an accident?
- Is the evidence used against you lawful or was it seized without a proper warrant?
- Did the police coerce your confession?
These possible defenses and many other aspects of murder and manslaughter defense must be discussed with an experienced criminal defense attorney who has the knowledge, skill and expertise to handle your case.
It is crucial to hire an attorney who has significant legal experience in the area of homicide crimes. The attorneys at the Duran Law Group, APLC have been rigorously defending the rights of those charged with homicide crimes for more than 30 years. We will put our knowledge, experience and determination to work for you in order to obtain the best possible outcome in your case. Call the Duran Law Group today for a free consultation. 424-777-0007
At the Duran Law Group, APLC our criminal defense lawyers handle all types of homicidecases. We provide excellent criminal defense for cases throughout Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, San Diego, Ventura and Santa Barbra counties.